In a wide-ranging interview on dietsoap.com I discussed with host Doug Lain a variety of subjects including value theory, crisis theory, communism, marx’s method and information technology. It was a fun interview. I hope I was somewhat articulate on these subjects without a script in front of me. Doug has an interesting and well-produced podcast, with a focus on left philosophy, and he interviews all sorts of fascinating thinkers. It was an honor to be chosen for an interview. Our conversation ended up going so long that it will be broken into two separate podcasts, the second airing next week. So check it out and while you are there check out some of his past interviews.
- Re Indirectly Social Labor and a passage from the Grundrisse
- Re. Indirectly Social Labor in the Critique of Political Economy, chapter one
- Re Indirectly Social Labor and a passage from Capital 1, chapter 1
- A Note on a passage in Poverty of Philosophy
- Re a Grundrisse fragment on social labor/mediation/etc.
The Law of Value- the series1. Introduction
1.2 A quiz on Marx's theory of Value
1.3 Addendum on how to watch these videos
2. The Fetishism of Commodities.
3. Das MudPie (social labor)
4. Use-Value, Exchange-value and Value
6. Socially Necessary Labor Time
7. Production and Exchange
9. Abstract Labor
10. Value and Price
Econ101- commodities, value, exploitation
Econ 202- Capital, Credit, Money
Econ 303- Crisis Theory
Econ 404- Work, Domination and Consent
Econ 505- super advanced shit